See Use Converted Database.
Most final conversions do not convert outstanding claims. Thus, before you can receive a claim payment, you must create each claim.
from EZ Dental and Dentrix convert outstanding primary claims, but not secondary claims.
To track outstanding claims, print an outstanding claim report from your old software (as of your final conversion date). As you receive and enter payments in Open Dental, mark the claim off the list. This will ensure you have an accurate list of pending claims.
- If needed, verify the patient's insurance benefit information. See After a Conversion: Verify Insurance. This will ensure insurance estimates are accurate and reduce data entry when entering claim payments.
- Create the claim.
- In the Account Module, select the procedures and click New Claim. This will create the claim for you to modify.
- Change the claim status from Waiting to Send to Sent - Verified.
- Change the Date Sent to the actual sent date for the claim.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Receive the claim and attach it to a payment.
- Double-click the claim to reopen it.
- Receive the claim. If insurance was entered correct, the estimates should match the payment amount. See Receiving Claims.
- Finalize the payment (attach the claim to the payment). See Finalizing Insurance Payments.
Resource: Post Conversion Checklist (PDF)