Setting up Dental Student Evaluations for Dental Schools includes attaching a grading scale and defining the criteria that will be evaluated. To set up evaluations, the logged on user must have the Setup security permission.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Dental Schools, then Evaluations.
The list of evaluation definitions can be filtered by dental course.
- Click Add, or double-click an existing evaluation definition.
Reorder criteria using the Up/Down arrows. If using a weighted grading scale, the total points for all criteria shows at the bottom.
- Enter general evaluation information.
- Title: The identifying name of this evaluation.
- Grading Scale: Click [...] to attach a grading scale. See Dental School Grading Scales.
- Course: Click [...] to attach this evaluation to a dental course.
- Add the criteria that will be part of the evaluation.
- Click Add.
- Enter the criteria, then click OK to save.
- Description: The identifying name of the criteria.
- Grading Scale: The scale that will be applied to this criteria. By default, the scale of the evaluation is selected. Click [...] to change. The overall grade calculation will be always be based on the evaluation's grading scale.
- Points: Only shows if using a weighted grading scale. Enter the maximum number of points possible for this criteria.
- Is Category Name: Check this box to use this criteria as a header in the evaluation. No points or grades will be associated with this row; it will be for organization purposes only.
Repeat this step to ad all criteria to the evaluation.
- Click OK to save the evaluation.