Open Dental works well in large dental schools or dental hygiene schools.
To turn on dental school features, in the Main Menu, click Setup, Advanced Setup, Show Features. Check the box for Dental Schools.
- Set up Dental School Classes
- Set up Dental School Courses
- Create student and instructor user groups and assign the group permissions; see Dental School Security.
- In Dental School Setup:
- Assign the user group defaults.
- Set up Dental School Grading Scales and Dental School Evaluations.
- Add Dental School Students, Dental School Instructors and other Dental School Providers.
- Add, copy, and manage course Dental School Requirements Needed.
Note: The option Only show operatories for scheduled providers
in Appointment Views
may be useful for dental schools. It allows you to dynamically change the day's view based on scheduled providers.