In Email Message Edit, on the left, is the Email Template area.
Templates can be used for frequently sent email messages that have similar content.
Templates are listed alphabetically.
- Add: Click to add a new template.
- Delete: Highlight a template, then click to delete it.
- Insert: Highlight a template, then click to insert it into the email body. The template's subject and message will replace any existing text.
- Edit: Highlight a template, then click to edit it.
Add or Edit Email Templates
Click Add to create a new template, or click Edit to edit an existing template.
- Description: Enter the template name. It can differ from the email subject.
- Subject: Enter the subject of the email.
- Body: Enter the body message.
- Attach: Click to attach images or files to the template. Select the file, then click Open. Attachments will list in the box.
- Double-click an attachment to preview it.
- Right-click an attachment to open, rename, or remove it.
- Edit Text: Used to edit text in body after HTML template has been applied to email.
- Edit HTML: Add HTML formatting to email template. See HTML Email for details on use, including the option to edit Raw HTML to further customize templates.
- Subject Fields / Body Fields: Insert replacement fields into the Subject or Body. Message replacement fields pull information from the database to insert into the message (e.g. insert [ApptDate] to automatically insert appointment date).
You may also manually type the replacement (e.g. [LName]), but make sure it exactly matches the field name. They are case-sensitive.
Position the cursor to where you want to insert a field, then double-click an item from the list. Fields in red text cannot be inserted.
Click OK to save the template.