Before entering information in the Ortho Chart, there are a few setup steps. The information defined during setup affects the tabs, columns, and info that shows in the ortho chart.
- Create Patient Fields. This information will show in the upper right of the ortho chart.
- To show Ortho Case, check Show ortho case information in the ortho chart in Ortho Setup.
- Define Ortho Chart tabs. Tabs can be useful to organize information.
- Define the columns of information that show in the Ortho Chart.
Tabs are a way to organize ortho chart information. By default, there is one tab labeled Ortho Chart, but you can add many. Each tab can have the same or different columns showing.
- The name of the first tab determines the text on the Ortho Chart button in the Chart module toolbar and the text of the Go to Ortho Chart right-click option when clicking on an appointment in the Appointments module.
- When there are multiple tabs, the Ortho Chart button in the toolbar will include a dropdown for each tab.
- In Ortho Setup, click Edit next to Ortho Chart Display Fields.
In the Chart Module, click Ortho Chart, then Setup.
In the Main Menu, click Setup, Display Fields, Ortho Chart.
- Click Setup Tabs.
- Click Add to create a new tab or double click an existing tab name to edit.
- Enter the tab name then click OK.
To remove a tab, mark it as Is Hidden.
To reorder tabs, use the up/down arrows.
Add Columns to a Tab
The columns that show on an ortho chart tab are also set in Display Fields. Columns can allow text entry, offer selection from a pick list, or show a signature box.
- On the Setup Display Fields window, click the Tab dropdown and select the tab.
The fields listed under Fields Showing reflect the columns that will show for the tab. The fields listed under Available Fields are options that are not currently showing.
- Add or remove columns as needed.
- To add a field option that already exists, highlight it under Available Fields then click the left arrow.
- To add a field name that is not listed, enter the description in the New Field box then click the left arrow.
- To remove a field, highlight it under Fields Showing then click the right arrow.
Note: A field is deleted when it is moved into Available Fields for every tab.
- To edit a column name, customize width, or create pick list options, double click the field under Fields Showing.
Note: Changes will affect all tabs where this column shows.
Display Name and Internal Name: Use these fields together to have columns' display names appear the same (e.g. Notes and Notes) but contain different information that is not duplicated across all tabs. Otherwise, just enter an Internal Name.
- Display Name (optional): If entered, only this name shows on the column in the ortho chart grid. Display name overrides internal name on the ortho chart grid. Display Name will not show in Available Fields.
- Internal Name: This name shows in the Fields Showing grid, and on the column in the ortho chart grid if a display name is not entered. Changing the internal name on an existing field that contains data creates a new field with the new name which does not contain data. The original field moves into Available Fields and retains the original data.
Minimum Width: A fixed minimum column width based on the length of the name(s).
Width: Enter the actual width of the column. If the minimum width is more than the column width, adjust the column width to match for best visual results.
Check to show signature box in the Ortho Chart: Only check if this column is for an Electronic Signature (see below). It will add a signature box to the ortho chart and this column will indicate when an electronic signature is valid.
One entry per line: Add options for a pick list or leave blank to allow text entry. If creating a pick list, when a user clicks on a cell in this column, a dropdown list of all options will show. Enter one selection item per line. Use the up and down arrows to reorder items.
- Click OK to save.
Add a Signature Box to the Ortho Chart
To add Electronic Signatures to the Ortho Chart, add a signature column to at least one ortho chart tab. Only one column can be set as a signature.
- Select the tab.
- Create a new field for the signature (e.g. Signature) and click the left arrow to add it to Fields Showing (if one doesn't already exist).
- Double click the signature field.
- Check Check to show signature box in the Ortho Chart.
- Click OK to save.