In Standard Reports, in the Production and Income section, click on a report.
- Today or Yesterday will generate a Daily report using default options.
- This Month or Last Month will generate a Monthly report using default options.
- This Year will generate an Annual report for the current year (Jan. 1 - Dec. 31) using default options.
- More Options will open the report window so you can customize report options.
There are several Production and Income reports. Each summarizes information differently based on report type.
- Daily: Lists detailed information on transactions including payments, procedures and adjustments, for a single date or date range.
- Monthly: Lists production and income totals by day, for a date range. Also shows scheduled production.
- Annual: Lists production and income totals by month, for a date range.
- Provider: Lists production and income totals by provider, for a date range.
- Large offices may want to set up a Report Server to run Production and Income Reports. This can be useful to prevent lockups and slowness in a live database.
- To control user access to Production and Income reports, see Report Setup: Security Permissions. To control whether a user can run this report for other providers, see User Group.
Report Type: Select the report type. Date range values will automatically change to match.
Providers: Select the providers to include, or check All to include all providers, including hidden providers that have claim payments for the report period. No Provider will include payments with an unearned type (pay splits not associated to a provider, such as prepayments).
- Provider selection is only an option if the logged-on user has the Production and Income, View All Providers permission.
Include Unearned: Select this box to include unearned income. An additional column will be added for Unearned Income on Monthly, Annual and Provider reports, and the report will use a landscape orientation.
Note: This should either always be selected when running Production and Income, or never selected.
Clinics: Select the clinics to include, or check All to include all clinics. Clinic is determined by the clinic of the procedure (place of service).
- Show Clinic Info: Only an option when Daily is the Report Type. Set the default in Report Setup: Misc Settings.
Checked: The clinic will show for each transaction, clinic totals will show at the bottom of the report, and the report will print in landscape mode.
Unchecked: Clinic information will not show and the report will print in portrait mode.
- Show Clinic Breakdown: Select how data is grouped. Set the default in Report Setup - Misc Settings.
- Checked: Report will group by clinic.
- Unchecked: Report will group by date and intermingle clinics.
Date Range: Select the report date range. Today's Date is automatically populated with today's date for reference. The default date range is based on the report type. To change, manually enter the From / To dates, or click the arrows to quickly change values.
- Today/This Month/This Year: Reset dates to match current day, month, year.
- Right/Left arrows: Move back or forward one day/month/year at a time.
Show Insurance Write-offs: Select when to apply insurance write-offs to production amounts. See Show Insurance Writeoffs for more details. Set the default in Report Setup - Misc Settings.
- Using insurance payment date: Apply the write-off when the insurance payment is entered.
- Using procedure date: Apply the write-off on the date of service.
- Use initial claim date for write-off estimates, ins pay date for write-off adjustments: Check to include write-off estimates and changes in write-offs in the report. The report will display and print in landscape orientation. See the example report below for descriptions of each write-off column.
Click OK to generate the report.
For a description of Toolbar buttons, see Complex Report System.
Example of monthly report type:
The following columns are not pictured above, but may display depending on selected settings.
- Description: Description of the production (e.g. check, adjustment, discount, procedure code, etc).
- Prov: Provider associated with the production.
- Production and income amounts may not match Aging of A/R amounts.
- Occasionally, this report may change if a patients Treatment Plan has not been viewed. Once viewed, the report will refresh with the new discount information.