The Unscheduled List is a place to temporarily store Appointments that need follow-up (e.g. no-shows, canceled appointments).
In Appointment Lists, click Unscheduled.
See our video: Managing the Unscheduled List Webinar.
There are a few ways to send an scheduled appointment to the Unscheduled List.
- In the Appointments Module schedule, right click on the appointment, then select Send to Unscheduled List. Or single click on the appointment, then click the Unscheduled List action button on the right.
- On Edit Appointment, select UnschedList as the Status.
- Do not send appointments that have planned appointments to the Unscheduled List. Instead, simply delete the scheduled appointment, then use the Planned Appointment Tracker to track and reschedule.
- An option to prevent Recall appointments from being sent to the unscheduled list can be found in Appointments Module Preferences.
- If Appointments Require Procedures is checked in the Appointment Module Preferences, then unscheduled appointments will be deleted automatically if the attached procedures are scheduled onto a new appointment.
- Completed appointments with procedures attached cannot be sent to the unscheduled list if Prevent changes to completed appointment with completed procedures is enabled in Appointment Module Preferences.
The Unscheduled List is non-modal; you can browse to other windows while it is open.
Narrow or sort the unscheduled list by specific criteria. Click Refresh to update.
- Order by: Sort the list alphabetically by appointment status, alphabetically by last name, first name, or by date the appointment was created.
- Include Broken Appointments: Include appointments that have been marked broken, but have not yet been sent to the Unscheduled List (not recommended). See Break Appointment.
- Provider: Only view appointments for a specific provider.
- Clinic: Only view appointments for a specific clinic. Only visible when Clinics is turned on.
- Site: Only view appointments for a specific Site.
- Code Range: Only view unscheduled appointments for specific procedures. Enter a single procedure code or range of codes.
- From / To: Click the down arrow to select a specific date range from a calendar. Click the down arrow again to close the calendar. To set a default date range, click Setup (see below).
Results only include patients with a status of Patient.
- To change the patient, right-click a patient, then click Select Patient.
- To jump to a patient's chart, right-click on the patient, then select See Chart.
Print List: Print the list as it appears on-screen.
Setup: Click to change default report dates.
- Days Past: Determines the default Start Date. Leave blank to show all.
- Days Future: Determines the default End Date. Leave blank to show all.
Reschedule an Appointment
Option 1: Right-click on the appointment, then select Send to Pinboard. Drag the appointment to the schedule.
Option 2: Double-click on the appointment to open the Edit Appointment window. Make commlog notes as needed. Click Pinboard then drag it to the schedule.
Once rescheduled, the appointment no longer shows in the Unscheduled List.