Bridge - TigerView
TigerView is an imaging software. Website: Televere Systems website.
'Visix for ScanX' is a rebranded version of TigerView, so use the TigerView bridge to set up the Visix software.ScanX also has a self-named intraoral camera, which does not use this bridge. This bridge is for Visix and TigerView software only.
To activate the bridge:
- In the main menu click Setup, Program Links. Double click on 'TigerView from www.televere.com'.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Verify the Path of file to open.
- Double click on a row in Additional Properties to change settings.
- Set the Tiger.ini file path. It should always be set to the default TigerView ini path because TigerView always looks to its default path and will not return patient data if it cannot find the ini file.
- You can use the PatNum (enter 0) or ChartNum (enter 1) as the patient ID.
- Set the EMR folder path if using TigerView EMR.
- Set the format for birth dates. It should be set to MM/dd/yy (default) or MM/dd/yyyy (4-digit year).
- Set up a clickable bridge button.
- Under 'Add a button to these toolbars', highlight where to display the button.
- Enter the 'Text on button'.
- (Optional) Import an image to show on the button (22 x 22 pixels).
- Click OK.
Clicking the Visix/TigerView button will open the patient in the Visix/TigerView software. If the patient doesn't yet exist, it will create a record using the patient's name and PatNum.
As of version 14.2, thumbnails are pulled into Open Dental with the help of TigerView EMR.
- Run TigerView EMR and set an export path.
- In Additional Properties on the Progam Links window, set the TigerView EMR folder path to the export path.
If set up properly, when Open Dental starts and while it's running, thumbnails will be copied from the Tigerview export folder into the patient's OpenDentImages folder. An 'x-ray' Image Category that "shows in Chart module" will be automatically created in Definitions. So, thumbnails will show under the x-ray category in the Images module and there will be an x-ray tab at the bottom of the Chart module. If you do not see an x-ray tab, make sure "show in Chart module" is set in Definitions.
Open Dental writes data to the Tiger1.ini file similar to this:
Open Dental then launches Tigerview. Tigerview opens with no splash screen to the designated patient. Tigerview deletes the patient information from the ini file.
Problem: When I push the TigerView button to launch TigerView, I see a message in TigerView which informs me that a provider was not specified.
Solution: If there is only one provider within TigerView (ex "System Admin"), then you can call TigerView support to enable the option to bypass the provider window. Even if you have multiple providers in Open Dental, you will probably only have one provider inside of TigerView, and that provider is usually named "System Admin". If you have multiple providers inside of TigerView, see feature request #2295.