The Chart module is where the clinical information is entered and organized for a patient.
Also see Chart Module Table of Contents and Webinars.
Default options for the Chart module can be defined in Chart Module Preferences. To view only clinical information, see Show Features. Define colors and list options in Definitions.
New Rx: Create a new prescription.
eRx: Create an electronic prescription. Click the dropdown then Refresh to manually copy new electronic prescriptions to the Progress Notes and Medication List.
LabCase: Create a new dental lab case.
Perio Chart: Enter periodontal information.
Ortho Chart: Open the Ortho Chart, an alternate method of keeping track of visits. Info doesn't show in regular patient Chart.
Consent: Create a consent form.
Tooth Chart: Click the dropdown to view a full screen version of the graphical tooth chart or save it as an image.
Exam Sheet: Create exam sheets for the patient.
EHR: Launch the EHR dashboard (EHR users only)
Bridge buttons: If you have setup links to other programs, additional bridge buttons may appear.
The Graphical Tooth Chart shows all restorative treatment that has been performed or is planned for the patient.
- Customize procedure status colors in Definitions, Chart Graphic Colors.
- Customize the type of graphic on the Procedure Code Edit window (Paint Type).
- Select freehand drawing options on the Draw tab.
- Control which procedures are shown on the graphical chart on the Show tab.
Underneath the Graphical Chart is a Text Box for notes.
To minimize/maximize the tab areas, click the currently selected tab.
Treatment: Enter and chart procedures.
Missing Teeth: Record missing teeth on the graphical tooth chart.
Movements: Indicate tooth movement on the graphical tooth chart.
Teeth: Mark primary/permanent teeth on the graphical tooth chart.
Planned Appointment: If treatment is needed, set up the patient's next appointment.
Show: Set up different views for the Progress Notes grid.
Draw: Freehand draw on the graphical tooth chart.
Patient information is in the lower left. The fields that appear are defined in Display Fields. Double click anywhere in the area to open the Edit Patient Information window.
A summary of medical information appears in the pink area. To change the color of the medical area, see Definitions, Misc Colors. Double click on the area to open the Medical window.
The grid title and items that show in the Progress Notes area are determined by the options selected for the active Chart View under the Show tab (see Customizing Chart Views). The color for specific types of entries can be customized in Definitions, Prog Note Colors.
To edit an item in the Progress Notes, double click on it.
Right click to view additional options:
- Delete: Delete the selected item. Completed procedures and group notes attached to at least one completed procedure cannot be deleted from here.
- Set Complete: Set appointments, procedures, and tasks complete.
- Edit All: Change the date for selected procedures.
- Group Note: Attach a single clinical note to multiple procedures.
- Print Progress Notes: Each page of the printed notes will include the patient name and page number.
- Print Day for Hospital:
Note: Forms designed using sheets can only be deleted by double clicking the form, then deleting it from the Fill Sheet window. Deleted sheets are not permanently removed from the database. They can be viewed in Audit mode and also restored if needed (see Customizing Chart Views).
Treatment Plan View
If Treatment Plan is checked on the Enter Treatment tab, the interface changes to Treatment Plan view so you can Treatment Plan in the Chart Module. The check box only shows when 'is TP view' is selected in the Chart View (Show tab).
Tabs below Patient Info
The tabs below Patient Info
reflect Image categories that have been marked as Show in Chart module in Definitions. This is useful to view items like radiographs and photos directly in the Chart module.
- The height of the images section can be made taller or shorter by dragging the splitter.
- To quickly minimize/maximize the area, click on the current tab.
- Click the All tab to show all images for all tabs.
- Double click an image to open the image full size in a new window. The new window can be dragged to another monitor if multiple monitors are used, and it can remain open while you return to the Chart.