The Chart Module is where the clinical information is entered and organized for a patient.
Default options for the Chart module can be defined in Chart Module Setup. To view only clinical information, see Show Features. Define colors and list options in Definitions.
New Rx: Create a new prescription.
eRx: Create an electronic prescription.
LabCase: Create a new lab case.
PerioChart: Enter periodontal information.
OrthoChart: An alternate method of keeping track of visits. Info doesn't show in regular patient Chart.
Consent: Create a consent form.
Tooth Chart: View a full screen version of the graphical tooth chart or save it as an image.
Exam Sheet: Create exam sheets for the patient.
EHR: (EHR users only)
Bridge buttons: If you have setup links to other programs, additional bridge buttons may appear.
The Graphical Tooth Chart shows all restorative treatment that has been performed or is planned for the patient.
- Customize procedure status colors in Definitions, Chart Graphic Colors.
- Customize the type of graphic on the Procedure Code Edit window (Paint Type).
- Select freehand drawing options on the Draw tab.
- Control which procedures are shown on the graphical chart on the Show tab.
Underneath the Graphical Chart is a Text Box for notes.
Treatment: Enter and chart procedures.
Missing Teeth: Record missing teeth on the graphical tooth chart.
Movements: Indicate tooth movement on the graphical tooth chart.
Teeth: Mark primary/permanent teeth.
Planned Appointment: Set up a template for the patient's next appointment.
Show: Set up different views for the Progress Notes grid.
Draw: Freehand draw on the graphical tooth chart.
Patient information is in the lower left. The fields that appear are defined in Display Fields. Double click anywhere in the area to open the Edit Patient Information window.
A summary of Medical information appears in the pink area. To change the color of the medical area, see Definitions, Misc Colors. Double click on the area to open the Medical window.
The Progress Notes grid shows Appointments, Procedures (treatment planned and completed) and Procedure Notes, Group Notes, Lab Cases, Commlog entries, Rxs, and associated notes. The grid title, as well as what shows in the progress notes, can be customized in the Show tab. The color of entries can be customized by type in Definitions, Prog Note Colors. To see more of the progress notes, click the currently selected tab to minimize it.
To edit an item in the Progress Notes, double click on it. To print the progress notes, right click anywhere in the area, then select Print Progress Notes. Each page of the printed notes will include the patient name and page number.
Tabs below Patient Info
The tabs below Patient Info
reflect Image categories that have been marked as Show in Chart module in Definitions. This is useful to view items like radiographs and photos directly in the Chart module.
- The height of the images section can be made taller or shorter by dragging the splitter.
- To quickly minimize/maximize the area, click on the current tab.
- Click the All tab to show all images for all tabs.
- Double click an image to open the image full size in a new window. The new window can be dragged to another monitor if multiple monitors are used, and it can remain open while you return to the Chart.