Generate Forms for a Patient
Forms are types of Sheet that patients can complete electronically, such as patient forms (registration form, HIPAA form, financial agreement) and medical histories. If a form uses Input Fields, entered data can be Imported into the database. To customize patient forms, see Sheets: Patient Form Setup. To customize medical history forms, see Sheets: Medical History Setup. Forms must have a sheet 'type' of PatientForm or MedicalHistory.
Patients can complete the forms in one of three ways:
- Directly in the online form (e.g. on the operatory computer, on a tablet, etc.)
- On a Kiosk.
- Online using an internet browser. See Web Forms.
Forms can also be filled in on paper, then scanned into the Images module. See Registration Forms.
Complete a Form
- In the main Toolbar, click Forms.
Any Patient Forms or Medical Histories already generated for the patient show. Images, pdf's, or other files that are in an Images category marked with a usage of 'Show in Patient Forms' (see Definitions) will also show. Double click on a row to view the document or image in the Fill Sheet window.
- Click Add. All Sheets with a type of 'PatientForm' or 'MedicalHistory' will list. Consent forms show if the option is checked (See Patient Form window, Setup menu).
Note: If no custom 'PatientForm' sheets have been created, the internal Registration Form, Financial Agreement, HIPAA, and Consent forms list by default. When at least one custom sheet 'PatientForm' exists, internal 'patient form' sheet types will no longer list. To get them to show, create a custom copy of each. If no custom 'MedicalHistory" sheets have been created, the internal Medical History Simple will list by default. When at least one custom 'MedicalHistory' exists, only custom medical histories will list.
- From here there are two options:
- Double click a single form, then print it, email it, Fill it Out or simply send it to the patient's list of forms. If you choose to click Print/Email, by default, paper copies will be 1 and the Email to patient box will not be checked. If an email is entered for the patient, it will show. Change the settings as needed then click OK.
- Send forms to the Kiosk. Highlight one or more forms, then click To Kiosk to put the form in the Kiosk queue.
All forms waiting to go to the kiosk will have a number indicating its order in the Kiosk column of the Patient Form window. To change the order, double click on the form, then change the value in the Show Order in Kiosk field. When forms are ready to be filled out by the patient, click Kiosk to start up the kiosk on the current computer, or load the patient forms remotely using the Kiosk Manager.
See Import Patient Forms and Medical Histories to import completed form data into the database.
Medical History Update
To have a patient review a previous medical history and make changes, highlight the most recent medical history and click Copy to open it. The copy will not have a signature, and it will have today's date. Print it, or send it to the Kiosk so the patient can make any changes and sign it. Changes will be saved in the new form; they will not overwrite the original. Then import the new form, or enter the changed data.