Procedures - Financial Tab
On the Procedure Info window, the Financial tab shows insurance estimates and payments, patient payments, attached adjustments, and any procedure discounts.
Insurance Estimates and Payments
Each entry row is a Claim Procedure. Estimates are usually automatic based on the Insurance Plan. If an estimate doesn't look right or is missing, first make sure the insurance plan is set up correctly.
- Each procedure can have only one estimate per insurance plan.
- The status column indicates the status of the claim. Est indicates estimates that are not yet attached to a claim.
- If you create a Treatment Plan before entering the insurance plan, you may need to Update Fees to affect estimates.
If the insurance plan is correct but you still need to make a change, there are some situations where you can manually edit an estimate.
- Override the estimate: Maybe you got a pretreatment estimate back from insurance or you have a fee schedule to follow. Double click on the estimate row, then enter a different amount for Insurance Estimate. You can also override percentages, allowed amounts, copays, etc.
- Don't send the procedure to insurance: Check Do Not Bill to Ins. If, on the Edit Procedure Code window, this procedure is set up as Do Not Usually Bill to Ins, the box will be checked by default.
To manually add an estimate:
- Click Add Estimate.
- Select the Insurance Plan, then click OK to open the Edit Claim Procedure window.
- Enter the estimate information and click OK.
Adding an estimate to a procedure on an insurance plan that already has an estimate will open the existing estimate.
Payment splits in Patient Payments that are attached to this procedure will list. Double click to edit.
Adjustments can be only added to completed procedures.
- Add New Adj: Create a new Adjustment.
- Link Existing Adj: Attach an existing adjustment to this procedure. A list of all unattached adjustments in the patient's account will list. Select an adjustment then click OK.
To edit an adjustment, double click it.
Procedure Discounts applied at the Treatment Plan level show, or a specific dollar amount can also be entered. When the procedure is set complete, discounts will show as adjustments.