Treatment Plan Module
The Treatment Plan Module is a prioritized list of treatment that the
patient needs. First enter needed treatment in the Chart module,
then move to this module to organize it.
The default note and tooth chart options can be set in Treatment Plan Module Setup.
Treatment Plan Toolbar
- Preauthorization: Send a Preauthorization for a procedure.
- Update Fees: For this patient only, update all fees and insurance estimates on the selected treatment plan. See Update below.
- Save TP: Save the Default treatment plan.
- Print TP: Print the selected treatment plan.
- Email TP: Email the selected treatment plan.
- Sign TP: Digitally Sign the selected treatment plan.
Treatment Plans List
The Treatment Plans list in the upper left corner lists all saved treatment plans for this patient. There is also a Default treatment plan that changes as procedures are completed and removed from the plan.
Saving Treatment Plans: Anytime you give a treatment plan to a patient, we strongly recommend Saving the TP so you have a permanent archive to refer back to. Saving treatment plans also allows you to give patient's alternate treatment plan options. Simply add all procedures to the Default treatment plan, highlight some of the them, then click Save TP. Repeat these steps to create alternate treatment plans.
Show options affect the Procedures grid and printed/emailed treatment plans.
- Graphical Completed Tx: Show completed treatment plan procedures on the Graphical Tooth Chart.
- Use Ins Max and Deduct: Indicate when a patient's insurance maximum or deductible has been reached.
- Fees: Show or hide all fee information.
Insurance Estimates: Show columns for Pri Ins, Sec Ins, Pat.
Discount: Show the Discount column.
Subtotals: Show Subtotals for each priority level.
Totals: Show Totals at the bottom of the grid.
The box at the upper right shows all Preathorizations for this patient. Double click a preauthorization to edit.
When you click on a treatment plan, the associated procedures show in the Procedures grid. To select multiple procedures, press Ctrl and click on the procedures, or click and drag.
The column names and widths can be customized in in Display Fields.
- Done: When a procedure is completed in a saved treatment plan, an X will indicate it is done.
- Priority: The priority level given to the procedure.
- Tth: The tooth number.
- Surf: The tooth surface.
- Code: The Procedure Code.
- Fee: The fee charged for the procedure.
Pri Ins: The insurance estimates for the insurance plan listed first in the Family module.
- Sec Ins: The insurance estimates for the insurance plan listed second in the Family module.
- Discounts: Any discounts applied.
- Pat: The estimated patient cost.
The Pri and Sec Ins estimates can be misleading if, in the Family module, the patient has a dental plan listed first and a medical plan listed second. In this particular situation, the Pri Ins column will show the dental plan estimates, and the Sec Ins column will show the medical plan estimates. We recommend listing the medical plan first in the Family module.
The Set Priority list is used to assign priorities to the procedures on the treatment plan. Select the procedure(s), then click on a priority level. The sort order of the procedures will change accordingly. Priorities can also be set while Entering Treatment in the Chart module, and on the Procedure Edit window.
Priority options can be customized in Definitions, Treat' Plan Priorities. You can use numbers, letters, or words up to 7 characters. You can change the sort order of procedures according to priority, change text colors, and hide priorities from view. Examples of other possible priority levels are Sched, Wait, Next, ?, Decline, Last, Low, High, NewYear, Urgent, WaitIns, Altern, Plan A, Plan B, RecPlan, and AltPlan.
The area at the lower right shows remaining family and individual insurance benefits at a glance. For calculation details, see Treatment Plan Module Insurance.
The note that appears at the bottom of the printed treatment plan is displayed at the bottom of the Treatment Plan module. The default note can be set in Treatment Plan Module Setup. Change the note for the selected treatment plan on the Edit Treatment Plan window.
The Update Fees button is designed to be used during the regular six month exam if there are procedures from the last exam which have not been completed. It is useful when procedure fees are outdated, for example, if you update your office fees. Fees are only updated one patient at a time. Another situation where you might need to update fees is when a patient's insurance plan or fee schedule changes.