Patient Portion Uncollected Report
The Patient Portion Uncollected Report shows the uncollected patient balance of procedures completed in a date range. The report can also be filtered by Clinics, if enabled.
Note: To control user access to this report, see Report Setup - Security Permissions.
- In the main menu click Reports, Standard.
- In the Daily section, click Patient Portion Uncollected.
- Calendar: In the first calendar select the start date. In the second calendar select the end date. Only procedures completed in the selected date range will appear on the report.
- Clinics: If using Clinics, select the clinics to include in the report. Users can only select clinics they have access to.
- Click OK to generate the report. The Patient Portion Uncollected report uses the Complex Report System.
Below is a description of each column in the report.
Questions and Answers
- Date: The procedure completed date.
- Patient Name: The patient with the completed procedure that has a remaining balance.
- Procedure: The abbreviation of the completed procedure.
- Fee: The procedure fee (multiplied by Base Units and Unit Quantity if entered).
- Patient: The total amount the patient owes after the insurance payment and writeoff.
- Adjustment: The total amount of adjustments attached to the procedure.
- Patient Paid: The total amount of patient payments attached to the procedure.
- Uncollected: The remaining procedure balance after any partial patient payments, insurance payments, insurance writeoffs, and adjustments.
Question: The uncollected amount for a procedure does not reflect the insurance estimate/payment and writeoff. Why?
Answer: Procedures on Sent and Received claims reflect insurance estimates/payments and writeoffs. Procedures on claims with any other status do not.