Send Web Sched ASAP Messages
Use Web Sched ASAP to quickly send email and/or text messages to patients about last minute appointment openings. Messages include a clickable link patients can use to accept and reschedule their ASAP appointment. Patients also have the option to decline.
Sign up for Web Sched ASAP
Customize ASAP Messages (email and/or text)
Web Sched ASAP History
Send Details Logic
Also see: What the Patient Sees
- Patients must have an appointment marked ASAP.
- To send text messages, Integrated Texting must be turned on. Patients must also have a wireless number and allow text messages (Edit Patient Information).
- To send email messages, patient must have an email address.
In the Appointment Schedule:
- Locate the available time slot you want to notify patient(s) about.
- Right click on the available time slot start time, then select Text ASAP List. The ASAP List will open.
Information about the available time slot will show at the right:
- Start/End Time: Click the down arrow to change.
All appointments whose length fits within the Start/End time will be selected by default.
Web Sched ASAP Messages: View details about previously sent ASAP messages for all selected patients.
- Verify patient selection. Highlighted patients will receive the Web Sched ASAP notification.
- Click Send.
- Send Mode: Select how to send the notification. Send Details will change based on your choice and additional details about send time will show in the upper right.
Send Details will indicate what each patient will receive based on your selections, and notes to explain the logic. Also see Send Details Logic below.
- Text Message and Email: Send both text and email messages.
- Text Message: Send text messages only.
- Email: Send email messages only.
- Preferred contact method: Send using the patient's preferred contact method (email or text message only).
- Verify the message text. The defaults are set in ASAP List Settings.
- Click Send.
In the Appointment schedule, a blockout will show on the available opening to indicate a Web Sched ASAP notification has been sent about the opening.
Send Details Logic
- Text messages are only sent during the automated eServices time window (Miscellaneous tab), not necessarily when Send is clicked.
- Text messages are sent in staggered batches.
- Texts for appointments that are farthest in the future are sent first.
- When the available time slot is less than 2 hours from the time the texts will send, texts are sent every minute.
- When the available time slot is within 2 and 12 hours, the texts are sent every 2 minutes.
- When the available time slot is within 12 and 48 hours, the texts are sent every 4 minutes.
- When the available time slot is more than 48 hours in the future, texts are sent every 8 minutes.
- Texts scheduled to be sent after the automated eServices End time are sent at the end time.
- The 'Maximum number of texts to send to a patient in a day via Web Sched' affects how many Web Sched text messages can be sent to a patient per day. Defaults to 2. If a Web Sched ASAP notification is not sent because a patient has met their maximum number of texts for the day, the available opening will still be offered as a selection option in the Web Sched ASAP interface (e.g. if other notifications that include the URL have been sent).
- Once a patient opts out of future ASAP notifications for an appointment, they will no longer receive text or email Web Sched ASAP notifications for the appointment. See What the Patient Sees.
Emails: Emails are sent immediately when Send is clicked. They do not adhere to the automated eServices schedule.
Text and Emails: Notifications only are sent if the available opening is at least 30 minutes after the send time of the text and/or email.