The Adj Types definition controls the options that are available as adjustment type options in the Account Module.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, then select Adj Types.
- Click Add to create a new adjustment type or double-click an adjustment to edit.
- Name: Enter the name of the adjustment type.
- +, -, or dp: Indicate whether the adjustment type should increase or decrease the patient balance or indicate a discount plan. Enter + when the adjustment will increase the patient balance and show as an Additions option. Enter - when the adjustment will decrease the patient balance and show as an Subtractions option. Enter dp when the adjustment applies to a discount plan.
Note: Once the adjustment type is created, this value cannot be changed since changes affect all patient accounts.
- Click OK to save.
Reorder Adjustment Types
On the main Definitions window, highlight a type, then click the up/down arrows.
Hide an Adjustment Type
There are two ways to hide an item so it is no longer an option in any lists.
- On the main Definitions window, select the item, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definition window, check the Hidden box.
We recommend also moving the item to the bottom of the list. To show a hidden item, open the Edit Definition window and uncheck the Hidden box.
Adjustment types cannot be deleted because that could corrupt data that used the definition.