In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, Adj Types.
The Adj Types definition determines the list of Adjustment options available in the Account Module and for various preferences.
Double-click an existing item to edit or click Add to create a new item. The Edit Definition window will open.
- Name: Enter the adjustment name. The name will appear on the patient accounts and statements when used.
- +, -, or dp: Set the behavior type of the adjustment. Once the adjustment type is created, this value cannot be changed.
- Enter + to create a positive adjustment that increases the patient balance. The adjustment will be listed under Additions in the Adjustment Edit window.
- Enter - to create a negative adjustment that decreases the patient balance. The adjustment will be listed under Subtractions in the Edit Adjustment window.
- Enter dp to create an adjustment for Discount Plans.
Click OK to save. Check Hidden to hide the definition.