In the Chart Module, double-click the pink Medical area. Click the Medical Info tab.
- Problems for a list of the patient's active and inactive problems.
- Medications for a list of the patient's current and discontinued medications.
- Allergies for a list of the patient's current and inactive allergies.
- Family Health History for the health history of a patient's family members. This tab is only visible if EHR is turned on.
- EHR Vital Signs to document a patient's pulse, height, weight, and/or blood pressure, and any interventions.
- EHR Tobacco to assess patient smoking status, tobacco use, and document interventions. This tab is only visible if EHR is turned on.
Use the Medical tab to record medical information about the patient.
- Print Medical: Print a list of the patient's problems, allergies, medical history, premedicate status (Y/N), medically urgent notes, and medical summary. (Only prints one page)
- Premedicate: If checked and PremedFlag is added to an appointment view, Premedicate will show in the Chart module medical area (bold red) and in the appointment box. It will also show when you hover over an appointment if Med Flag is added to the appointment bubble in Display Fields.
- Current Meds Documented: EHR only. See EHR Attest Medications Documented.
- Med Urgent: Entered text will show in bold red in the Chart module medical area. Med Urgent notes can be added to an appointment view and the appointment bubble.
- Medical Summary: Entered text will show in the Chart module medical area.
- Medical History: This section should always reflect the current medical status. The assistants should type in all items that the patient marks on a medical history form. Once the data is entered into the computer, the dentist can refer to it more easily than the handwritten patient version. There is no archiving or update mechanism, so all changes should also be entered as chart notes.
- Service Notes: Enter useful information that is learned through discussions with patients, such as whether they need a blanket or pillow, nervous behavior, whether they are on a strict budget, whether they have to drive a long way to get to the office, etc. Shows in the Chart module medical area.
Medical information displays in the Chart Module, under Patient Info in pink.
The fields that display can be customized in Display Fields, ChartPatientInformation. To change the background color, see Definitions: Misc Colors.