The Chart Module is where the clinical information is entered and organized for a patient.
See our videos: Chart Module Webinar, QuickTip: Printing Progress Notes
Set default options in Chart Module Preferences. To view only clinical information, see Show Features. Define colors in Definitions: Chart Graphic Colors.
- New Rx: Click New Rx to create single Rx / Prescription. Click the dropdown, then Rx Manage to create and print multiple prescriptions at once.
- eRx: Create an electronic prescription. Click the drop down, then Refresh to manually copy new electronic prescriptions to the Progress Notes and Medication List. eRx Companies
- LabCase: Create new Lab Cases.
- Perio Chart: Enter periodontal information in the Perio Chart.
- Ortho Chart: Open the Ortho Chart, an alternate method of keeping track of visits. Info entered here does not show in regular patient chart. Click the drop down to open a specific tab when multiple tabs are set up.
- Consent: Consent Form.
- Tooth Chart: Click the drop down to view a full screen of the tooth chart, or save it as an image.
- Exam Sheet: Create an exam sheet. Exam Sheet
- Layout: Allows switching between different versions of the Chart Layout. Click the drop down to select a custom layout. Click the button to create a new layout (stored as a custom Sheet).
- EHR: Launch the EHR Dashboard (EHR users only).
- Bridge buttons: If you have set up bridges to other programs, additional bridge buttons may appear. For a list of bridges, see Program Bridges.
The Graphical Tooth Chart shows all restorative treatment that has been performed or is planned for the patient. Drag the slider bar under the tooth chart to view procedure changes to the tooth chart over time).
- Customize procedure status colors in Definitions: Chart Graphic Colors.
- Customize the type of graphic on the Procedure Code (Paint Type).
- Select freehand drawing options on the Draw tab.
- Control which procedures are shown on the graphical chart on the Show tab.
- Text Box: Enter any notes.
To minimize/maximize the tab areas, click the currently selected tab.
Patient information is in the lower left. The fields that appear are defined in Display Fields. Double-click anywhere in the area to open the Edit Patient Information window.
Note: Patient Fields
will only show here if you have added PatFields to Fields Showing in Display Fields, ChartPatientInformation.
A summary of medical information appears in the pink area. To change the color of the medical area, see Definitions: Misc Colors. Double-click on the area to open the Medical Chart.
The grid title and items that show in the Progress Notes area are determined by the options selected for the active Chart View under the Show tab. The color for specific types of entries can be customized in Definitions: Prog Note Colors.
To edit an item in the Progress Notes, double-click on it. Right-click to view additional options.
Right Click Options:
- Delete: Delete the selected item. Completed procedures and group notes attached to at least one completed procedure cannot be deleted from here.
- Set Complete: Set appointments, procedures, and tasks complete.
- Set Existing Current: Set a procedure to a status of Existing Current.
- Set Existing Other: Set a procedure to a status of Existing Other.
- Edit All: Change the date, provider, or clinic (if enabled) for selected procedures.
- Group Note: Attach a single clinical note to multiple procedures.
- Print Progress Notes: Print the progress notes as they currently show on screen. Each page of the printed notes will include the patient name and page number.
- Print Day for Hospital: In Show Features, Hospital must be checked. Print only completed procedures, a photo of the patient (if available), and a signature line at the bottom for the staff to sign.
- Group for Multiple Visits: Group together related procedures that are done during multiple visits (e.g. crowns). When a procedure is set complete the procedure status will show as Complete (In Process) until all other procedures in the group are set complete as well.
- Ungroup for Multiple Visits: Ungroup a procedure that has been grouped for multiple visits.
- Print Routing Slip: Print a single routing slip for the selected appointment.
To see the logic behind how procedures are sorted in the Progress Notes, see Procedure Sort Order.
Use the Show Tab, Search box to search through progress notes using a word or phrase.
Note: Forms designed using sheets can only be deleted by double-clicking the form, then deleting it from the Fill Sheet window. Deleted sheets are not permanently removed from the database. They can be viewed in Audit mode and also restored if needed.
Paging (<< , <, >, >>): As progress notes become longer, use the arrows or numbers to navigate through progress note pages. Paging only appears if the patient has more than 500 items in their progress notes (commlogs, procedures, tasks, emails, etc).
Treatment Plan View
If Treatment Plan is checked on the Enter Treatment tab, the interface changes to Treatment Plan view so you can treatment plan in the Chart module. The check box only shows when is TP view is selected in the Chart View (Show tab). Treatment Plan in Chart
Tabs below Patient Info
The tabs below Patient Info reflect Image categories that have been marked as Show in Chart module in Definitions: Image Categories. This is useful to view items like radiographs and photos directly in the Chart module.
- The height of the images section can be made taller or shorter by dragging the splitter.
- To quickly minimize/maximize the area, click on the current tab.
- Click the All tab to show all images for all tabs.
- Double-click an image to open the image full size in a new window. The new window can be dragged to another monitor if multiple monitors are used, and it can remain open while you return to the Chart.