Set up PayConnect to process credit and debit card transactions.
To set up different credentials for Clinics using different merchant accounts, see PayConnect Setup for Clinics.
- Open the PayConnect Setup window. There are three options:
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Program Links, PayConnect from dentalxchange.com.
- On the Payment window, right-click on PayConnect, Settings.
- (first credit card transaction) On the Payment window, click PayConnect.
- Check the Enabled box.
- Select the default Payment Type for PayConnect transactions. Customize options in Definitions: Payment Types.
- Select the Default Processing Method: Web Service or Terminal.
- Enter the Username and Password supplied by PayConnect.
Note: This password is typically the same as the password for ClaimConnect if you are using that service.
- To use a credit card terminal for EMV transactions, check Enable terminal processing. The Download Driver button will display. Click to download and install the terminal driver (VeriFoneUSBUARTDriver_Vx_188.8.131.52_B5.zip). An internet connection is required. Once the driver is installed, contact PayConnect for additional setup instructions.
- Recurring charge list force duplicates by default: By default, duplicate charges to the same card, on the same day, for the same amount will be denied. This is to prevent accidentally charging a card twice. Check to allow duplicate charges on the same card by default. Used if family members have CC Recurring Charges setup on the same credit card.
- Prevent saving new cards: Uncheck to allow users to process new transactions or save new payment information to a patient's account. Check to prevent users from processing new transactions or saving new payment information.
- Click OK.
To set whether or not new credit and debit cards are saved to a patient's account after each transaction, see Account Module Preferences, Automatically store credit card tokens.