In the Main Menu, click Setup, Quick Paste Notes.
Alternatively, right-click in a Right Click Text Box that supports quick notes and select Insert Quick Paste Note.
Quick Paste Notes allow you to quickly insert a pre-determined note. First create a quick paste note, then enter the abbreviation when entering Notes.
- Create a quick paste note.
- Click Add on the left to create a new category, or highlight an existing category.
- Click Add at the bottom to create a new note, or highlight an existing note and click Edit.
- Enter the quick paste note when charting procedures, creating commlogs, etc.
- Enter ? followed by the abbreviation to enter the pretedermined note. (e.g. Enter ?canc to enter the note Patient cancelled upcoming appointment.)
Category: Notes can be organized by category. The buttons below the list are specific to categories.
- Add: Add a new category. See Quick Paste Category.
- Delete: Delete the selected category, along with all quick paste notes within the category.
- Up / Down: Organize the list by moving a category up or down the list.
- Double-click a category to edit the name or default types.
The buttons along the bottom pertain to the notes within the selected category.
- Add: Add a new quick paste note. See Quick Paste Note Edit
- Edit: Edit the selected quick paste note.
- Up / Down: Organize the quick paste notes by moving them or down the list.
- Alphabetize: Organize the quick paste notes in alphabetical order. Notes can be organized by Abbreviation or Note.