In Quick Paste Notes Setup, click Add.
Alternatively, double-click an existing category to edit.
Organize similar types of notes by category. Each category is assigned a default text box type that supports quick notes and only note shortcut abbreviations in this category will work in those text boxes.
Description: The name of the category.
Default for Types: The text box type the category's note shortcuts can be used with. Multiple types can be assigned to a single category. To assign more than one type, click the ctrl key while selecting a type.
- None: None should never be used. It is simply used as a default when adding a new control.
- Procedure: Inside of a Procedure Code, both note fields.
- Appointment: Note field inside of the Appointment.
- CommLog: Note field inside of the Commlog.
- Adjustment: Note field inside of the Edit Adjustment window.
- Claim: Claim Note field inside of the Edit Claim window.
- Email: Works in Email fields, body of email, address lines.
- InsPlan: Works in the Plan Note and Note field in the Insurance Plan Edit window.
- Letter: Obsolete. Used in the old letter merge feature. Sheets are now a better option.
- MedicalSummary: Medical Summary field in the medical panel of the Chart module.
- ServiceNotes: Service Notes field in the medical panel of the Chart module.
- MedicalHistory: Medical History field in the medical panel of the Chart module.
- MedicationEdit: Note field in the Edit Medication window.
- MedicationPat: Notes for this Patient field in the Medication for Patient window.
- PatAddressNote: Address and Phone Note field in the Edit Patient Information window.
- Payment: Note field in the Patient Payment window.
- PayPlan: Note field in the Patient Payment Plan window.
- Query: Query Text field inside of the Query window.
- Referral: Notes field in the Edit Referral window.
- Rx: Notes field and Patient Instructions field in the Edit Rx window.
- FinancialNotes: In the Account module, both the Fam Urgent Fin Note and the Family Financial note fields.
- ChartTreatment: In the Chart module, the Note field under the 3D tooth chart.
- MedicalUrgent: Medical Urgent field in the medical panel of the Chart module.
- Statement: Works in the Account module, Statement, More Options in the Note and Bold Note fields. Works in the Manage module, Billing, General Note field. Defaults button, General Message, Body, Invoice Note, SMS Statement fields. (Does not work in the Dunning message fields)
- Recall: Appointment module, Appointment Lists button, dbl-click an existing recall. Administrative Note only.
- Popup: Select patient, click Popups button, click add or edit existing. Popup Message field only.
- TxtMsg: Note field inside of the Text Message window.
- Task: Task window, both the Description and Note fields.
- Schedule: Setup, Schedule, double-click day, double-click or add to schedule. Note field only.
- TreatPlan: Treatment Plan module, Saved Treatment Plan, Note field only.
- ClaimCustomTrack: Account module, Dbl-click claim, Status History tab, Add. Works in the Note field only.
- AutoNote: Used in the Text Prompt window and Prompt preview windows, so whenever you're filling out an AutoNote if the prompt is a text prompt, or if it is a multi response prompt and you click "preview"
- ReadOnly: Not in use. Only to be used if the ReadOnly property is set to true.
- Lab: For Medical Lab use only, not regular Lab Cases.
- Equipment: Manage module, Supply Inventory, Equipment, Add. Works in the Status field only.
- FilePath: Import Ins Plans 834 window -> import path textbox is currently the only place
- ContactInfo: Not in use.
- ProgramLink: Setup, ProgramLink output file window, the template textbox.
Click OK to save.