Set a procedure to automatically post to a patient's account every month.
In the Account Module, click Repeating Charge.
To use the repeating charge feature for the first time, it must be enabled. In the Main Menu, click Setup, Advanced, Show Features, and check Repeating Charges. The Repeating Charge button will be added to the Account module toolbar.
Once enabled, create a repeating charge on each patient's account:
- Select the patient and from the Account module, click Repeating Charge. The Procedure Codes - Fee Schedules window will open.
- Select a repeating procedure that has a treatment area of mouth (cannot require a tooth number, surface, arch, or quadrant). The Edit Repeat Charge window will open.
- Charge Amount: Enter the amount the patient will be charged every month. Or in the Calculate Charge Amount section, enter the Total Amount (procedure fee), the Number of Charges (the number of times the procedure will be charged to the patient), and click Calculate to automatically fill the Charge Amount.
- Date Start/Date Stop: Enter the dates the first and last procedure will be posted. The procedure will post on the same day of the month on and between the dates entered. For example, a 10/01/2018 start date will result in a charge on 10/01, 11/01, 12/01, etc. with the final charge posting on 09/01/2019. Choose a standard day (typically the same day Billing is run) to include the procedures on patient statements.
- Creates Claim: Check to automatically create a claim for the procedure. The patient must have insurance and the procedure cannot be marked Do Not Bill to Ins. The Date of Service will be the procedure posted date and the claim status will be Waiting to Send. If the patient has a secondary insurance plan, a secondary claim will also be created with a status of Hold.
- Use Prepayment: Check to automatically allocate a Prepayment to the procedure as it is posted.
- Note: (optional) Enter a repeating charge note. Check Copy note to procedure billing note to add to the Billing Note on the Procedure - Misc Tab every time the procedure is posted to the account.
- Click OK to save. Repeat steps to add more than one procedure. The repeating charge details will show in the Repeating Charges grid at the top of the Account module.
After repeating charges are set up, run the the repeating charges tool to post the procedures to each patient's account, see Repeating Charges. Procedures can manually be posted from the Edit Repeat Charge window. Double-click into a repeating charge and click Manual. The procedure will be added to the account for the patients primary provider but will not automatically create a claim or allocate prepayments (if enabled).
Note: If a repeating charge is manually posted on a different day than listed in the Date Start field, the repeating charge tool will post a duplicate procedure.
Optionally, set up CC Recurring Charges to pay the repeating charge balance using the patient's payment information on file. Authorize Recurring Charges for the repeating charge amount and set the recurring charge date to match the repeating charge date. When the recurring charge tool is run, the patient will be charged for the amount up to the repeating procedure fee.
To disable a repeating charge, double-click the procedure in the Repeating Charges grid and uncheck Enabled. The repeating charge will still show but will not post to the patient's account. To remove the repeating charge all together, double-click and Delete.