Commlog Type definitions determine the Type options for Commlogs, as well as default commlog types for certain situations. Changes affect all current commlog entries.
- In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, then select Commlog Types.
- Click Add to add a new commlog definition, or double-click a definition to edit.
- Name: Enter the name of the commlog type.
- APPT, FIN, RECALL, MISC, TEXT: Optionally set this commlog type as the default commlog type for a certain situation.
- APPT: Set this commlog type as the default when Comm is clicked on the Edit Appointment window. This type will also be highlighted yellow in the Communications Log area, making it easy to see appointment commlogs at a glance.
- FIN: Not used in the program.
- RECALL: Set this commlog type as the default when commlog entries are entered from the Recall List.
- MISC: Set this commlog type as the default when commlog entries are entered via the main toolbar.
- TEXT: Set this commlog type as the default when Text Messages are sent.
Note: Only assign one default per type. If more than one default is set, the program will default to the matching item that is closest to the top of the list. If no default is set, the program will default to the first item listed.
- Click OK to save.
Reorder Commlog Types
On the main Definitions window, highlight a commlog type, then click the up/down arrows.
Hide a Commlog Type
Hiding a commlog type means it will no longer be visible as a selection option.
- On the main Definitions window, highlight the commlog type, then click Hide.
- On the Edit Definition window, check the Hidden box.
To show a hidden commlog type, uncheck the Hidden box on the Edit Definition window.