General requirements to use DoseSpot eRx:
- A valid Open Dental registration key (for DoseSpot integration).
- Update to the most current stable version.
- A high-speed connection (cable, DSL, etc) is necessary for efficient use.
If any of the following requirements are not met when you enable DoseSpot you will get an error message when you click the eRx button in the Chart Module.
- To enable or create prescriptions, the logged in user must have the Rx Create permission. See Permissions.
- Due to strict data requirements, the following information must be entered before you can send a prescription:
- Practice (Practice Setup)
- Practice phone (10 digits)
- Practice fax (10 digits)
- Practice address, including a city name and a 2 character US state abbreviation (all caps) with a 9 digit zip code. Cannot be P.O. Box.
- If Clinics are enabled, enter the following information for each clinic that will send prescriptions. (Clinic List)
- Clinic phone (10 digits)
- Clinic fax (10 digits)
- Clinic address including a city name and a 2 character US state abbreviation (all caps) with a 9 digit zip code. Cannot be P.O. Box.
- For each provider who will send prescriptions, enter the following information. Provider cannot be marked as a non-person. (Providers)
- First name (only letters, dashes, and spaces allowed; no special characters)
- Last name (only letters, dashes, and spaces allowed; no suffixes or special characters)
- A 10 digit NPI
- A valid DEA Number (if you do not have a DEA number, enter 'none')
- A valid State License ID
- A valid State Where Licensed
- A valid birthdate
NDC#s: All transmitted medications must have an associated NDC (National Drug Code) which is assigned by the FDA whenever a new drug enters the market.