In Appointment Lists, click Confirmations.
The Confirmation List is a way to manually manage reminders and confirmations of scheduled Appointments. Track communication with patients, send batch emails, postcards, and text messages. To customize confirmation message text and appointment status options, Confirmation Setup.
Note: Use eReminders and eConfirmations Feature
to automate the process for sending reminders and confirmations about scheduled appointments. These eServices send automated text or email messages to remind patients about upcoming appointments. With eConfirmations, patients can also electronically confirm the appointment, which changes their appointment confirmation status automatically. Additional setup is required.
All patients who meet the view filter criteria will list. You can browse to other windows while the Confirmation List is open.
View: Change the filter criteria. Select view options, then click Refresh (bottom of window) to update results.
- Status: Filter by Confirmation Status.
- Confirm List: Select which appointments show:
- All: Include all appointments.
- Recall Only: Only include recall appointments (patient has at least one completed procedure and a scheduled appointment with a procedure marked Is Hygiene Procedure).
- Exclude Recall: Don't include recall appointments (patient has no completed procedures and/or no hygiene procedures).
- Hygiene Prescheduled: Only include appointments created more than two months before the Scheduled date. Find the appointment creation date using the audit trail on the Edit Appointment window.
- From/To Date: The date range of the list. It defaults to the next two business days.
- Provider: Filter patients by provider.
- Clinic: If using Clinics, filter by clinic.
Set Status: Change the confirmation status of selected appointments. First select the appointment (s), then select a Set Status option. The option is grayed out if the user does not have the ApptConfirmStatusEdit security permission.
Email From: Select the from email when emailing confirmations. See Email Confirmations below.
Confirmation List Grid:
- When one family member is highlighted, all other family members will highlight in red text.
- To edit a patient's appointment, double click a row.
- Right-click options:
- Select Patient: Select the patient only.
- See Chart: Select the patient and open the Chart module.
- Send to Pinboard: Select the patient, open the Appointments module, and place the appointment on the pinboard to reschedule.
- Contact: Details for the confirmation contact method. Typically this matches the patient's Preferred Confirm Method (Edit Patient Information). Mail = Mail, Hm = HmPhone, Wk = WkPhone, Cell = Wireless, Email address = Email, SeeNotes = See Notes, Text = Text Message.
- Status: The Confirmation Status. Use to track communication with the patient. Customize options in Definitions, Appt Confirmed. This status affects the color of the confirmation circle in the appointment schedule.
Manage Confirmations by Phone
Here are a few tips if you are calling patients to confirm upcoming appointments.
- A phone number shows in the Contact column when the preferred confirmation method for a patient is None, HmPhone, WkPhone, or Wireless and a corresponding phone number has been entered.
- Manually change confirmation status using the Set Status dropdown.
- Commlog entries should be made for every phone call so that you have a record of every attempt to contact the patient.
- If a patient needs to reschedule, right click on the appointment, then click Send to Pinboard.
- Click Print List to print the patient information exactly as it currently shows in the Confirmation List.
Send Text Message Confirmations
To send text message confirmations:
- Select the patients to text, or select no patients to let Open Dental auto-select patients.
- Click Text. If you selected no patients, Open Dental will auto-select patients who have Text as their Contact method, as long as the current status doesn't match the Status for text messaged confirmation set in Confirmation List Setup (e.g. Texted).
- A confirmation message will show. Click Yes to send a text message to selected patients.
The status for each appointment will change to the status for text messaged confirmation set in Confirmation List Setup and a commlog will be generated for each text message sent:
"Text message sent: [message}]"
- Patients (or guarantor) must have an email address entered.
- We recommend setting the Preferred Confirm Method to Email.
- Customize the email message in Confirmation List Setup.
- Regular email is not a secure method of sending PHI. See Encryption of Data at rest and in transit.
To send email confirmations:
- Email From: In the upper right select the from email. The default is Practice/Clinic.
- If a single practice, Practice/Clinic refers to the default email set in Email Setup.
- If using clinics, Practice/Clinic refers to the email address of the patient's clinic (Clinic List). If there is no clinic email, the practice default is used.
- Select the patients to email, or select no patients to let Open Dental auto-select patients.
- Click E-Mail. If you selected no patients, Open Dental will auto-select all patients who have email as their Contact method.
- A confirmation message will appear. Click OK to create and send email confirmations for all selected patients.
The status for each appointment will change to the status for emailed confirmation set in Confirmation List Setup.
Define postcard layout in Setup Recall (number of card per sheet, offsets). Customize message text in Confirmation List Setup.
- Select specific patient appointments then click Postcard Preview OR click Postcard Preview without selecting patient appointments. Every patient with Mail or HmPhone as their Contact method will be selected and a preview of each postcard will generate.
- Click Print to send the postcards to the Default Printer for postcards. A commlog is automatically generated for each patient with a note of:
"Confirmation postcard printed for [Name and Address]"
For postcards, we have found FormSource to have good service and reliability. See their Open Dental Health Care Form Price List.
Address Labels can be printed on a standard sheet of 30.
- Select patients then click Label Preview to generate for selected patients only, or click Label Preview without selecting patients to select all patients.
- Click Print to print to the default printer for Labels - Sheet.
You can create a customized confirmation report and send the data to a simple text file. From there, you can merge it with any Word template to print your own customized postcards, letters, etc.
- Click Run Report.
- Highlight the fields to include in the report, then click OK.
- On the User Query, click Export and save the file to another location.