In the Main Menu, click Setup, Definitions, Billing Types.
The Billing Types definition determines the billing type options available in the Edit Patient Information and Edit Insurance Plan windows. Set the default billing type in Practice Setup.
Create billing types to indicate how a patient is to be billed (e.g. email statements, send to collections, etc).
To add or edit available billing type options:
- Double-click an existing item or click Add to create a new item. The Edit Definition window will open.
- Name: Enter the billing type name.
- Set the behavior of the billing type.
- Enter E to email statements to patients assigned this billing type. Statements will be emailed when sent from the Billing List.
- Enter C for use with patient accounts sent to TSI for collections.
Note: If multiple C billing types have been created, only guarantors assigned the first in the list will be included in the TSI Sent Accounts
tab. Using a single C billing type is recommended, and it should not be added to a preexisting billing type already in use.
- Enter CE for use with patients excluded from TSI collections.
Note: If multiple CE billing types have been created, only guarantors assigned the first in the list will be included in the TSI Excluded Accounts
tab. Using a single CE billing type is recommended, and it should not be added to a preexisting billing type already in use.
- Leave blank for standard billing. Statements will be printed to be mailed or sent electronically if Electronic Billing is enabled.
- Click OK to save.
While billing types may be hidden, if in use the billing type will still be visible in various areas throughout the program. If the New patient primary insurance plan sets patient billing type, Family Module Preferences is checked, creating a new insurance plan will still change the patient's billing type to the hidden billing type.