Enter insurance payment details when finalizing insurance payments.
In the Edit Claim window, double-click an existing insurance payment.
Alternatively, this window opens when clicking:
to finalize a new insurance payment.
See Finalize Insurance Payment for detailed steps on finalizing insurance payments.
Enter or change payment information as needed. Some fields are pre-filled. Some information is optional. Required Fields are marked with an asterisk (*). When clicking OK if any required fields are incomplete, users have the option to proceed or return to the Edit Insurance Payment window to complete required fields.
- Clinic: Default to the claim's clinic (Edit Patient Information). Click the dropdown to change. Determines where the money is received (e.g., Deposits).
- Payment Type: The assigned Definitions: Insurance Payment Types. No default type is selected if the Claim payments prompt for Payment Type is enabled in Preferences. Customize options in .
- Payment Group: Typically used to group payments when multiple people are entering payments at once. Customize options in Definitions: Claim Payment Groups.
- Payment Posting Date: The date of the payment. Defaults to today's date.
- Check EFT Issue Date: Optional. The date the EFT payment was issued.
- Amount: The total amount of the EOB. If the amount auto populated does not match the amount on the EOB, enter the EOB amount manually. Refer to Finalize Insurance Payment, Troubleshooting for additional information.
- Check #: Useful for reporting. For EFT, use this field to enter the EFT number.
- Bank-Branch: Useful for reporting.
- Carrier Name: Auto populated with the claims insurance carrier.
- Virtual Credit Cards: If payment is via a virtual credit card and XCharge (OpenEdge), Edge Express, PayConnect, or PaySimple is enabled, the corresponding payment buttons are displayed. Click a button to process the payment. When the transaction is complete, the Edit Insurance Payment window is still be open and transaction details are added to theNote.
- Clinics only: the payment processor credentials are used for the Clinic selected in this window.
- PaySimple users: the Carrier Name is sent to PaySimple when processing a credit card transaction.
- Auto Deposit: Only visible if the preferenceInsurance payments show auto deposit is enabled.
- Date: Date used on the deposit.
- Amount: Amount of deposit. Matches check amount.
- Batch #: Optional. Used to track deposits.
- Auto Deposit Account: Select the deposit account. Customize options in Definitions: Auto Deposit Account.
Click OK to save and proceed to the Insurance Payment (EOB) window