The ASAP list shows patients who would like to be contacted when an earlier appointment becomes available.
In Appointment Lists, click ASAP.
Use the list to identify patients and quickly notify them about available openings. Appointments can also be scheduled from here.
See our video: ASAP List.
Note: Sign up for these eServices to easily send and manage ASAP notifications:
Double-click an appointment to view appointment details. The ASAP List can remain open while you open other areas of Open Dental. Right-click an appointment to view quick options:
- Select Patient: Open the patient's record with the current module active.
- See Chart: Open the patient's record with the Chart module active.
- Send to Pinboard: Send the appointment to the pinboard for scheduling.
- Remove from ASAP: Remove the appointment's ASAP status, thus removing it from the ASAP List.
There are 4 ways to place a patient on the ASAP List:
To narrow results on the Appointments or Recalls tab, select other filter criteria then click Refresh to update.
- Provider: Only view appointments for a specific Provider.
- Clinic: Only view appointments for a specific Clinic.
- Site: Only view appointments for a specific site. See Site List.
- Code Range: Only view appointments with specified procedures codes attached.
Text: Only available when Integrated Texting is enabled. See Send an ASAP Text Messages below.
Web Sched ASAP Sign up/ Send / History:
Print List: Print the list of the open tab (Appointments or Recalls).
By default, the Appointments tab opens. This lists scheduled, unscheduled, planned, and broken appointments that have been marked ASAP.
- Appointment status: Only view appointments with selected appointment status.
Click to Recalls tab to view patients with a recall marked Schedule ASAP on the Edit Recall window, even if they have received a recall reminder already.
- Start / End Date: Determines which appointments list based on recall due date. Defaults to the current week.
- Group Families: Group members within a family together. Defaults to the setting in Setup Recall.
- Show Reminders: Only list patients with a specific number of recall reminders.
Send an ASAP Text Message
To enable this option, sign up for Integrated Texting.
- (Optional) In the ASAP List, highlight the patient(s) to send a text message to.
Note: If you select patients before clicking Text, only those patients will be texted. If you do not select patients first and click Text, all patients with a wireless number will be auto-selected.
- Click Text.
- Enter the date and time of the available appointment, then click OK.
- Review the text message and modify if needed. The default text message is the Text Manual message. See ASAP Message Setup.
- Click Send. A commlog will be added to each patient's account.